For Usernames and Passwords for tax years 2015 (current) or 2014, see this FAQ for help.
For Usernames and Passwords for TaxAct Online 2013 and 2012 accounts, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the TaxAct sign in page for the tax year you need access to:
- Click on either Forgot Username or Forgot Password.
- To retrieve your username, click the Forgot Username link. Enter your email address, and click Continue. Any usernames associated with your email address for that particular year will be sent to you in email.
- To reset your password, click the Forgot Password link. Enter your username, and then click the Continue button to have the reset email sent. To reset your password:
- Click the Forgot Password link
- Enter the Username
- Click Continue
- Answer the Secret Question
- Click on Continue
- Enter a New Password and enter the Confirm Password
- Click on the Send Reset Email button
- You will then need to check your email to validate the new Password.